Fundamentals of Project Management (CAPM)-August 2022
Learn the fundamentals and best practices of project management through hands-on, real-world exercises. Ensure that you are delivering business value by assessing a project’s business case, identifying stakeholders and their relationship to your project, capturing product requirements, and establishing quality metrics to guide the development of your product and reassess the business case. Define product scope to provide clarity for project delivery, learn about earned value management, and create a work breakdown structure to define project scope for the team.
This 3-day course covers best practices in Project Management – those things that the best Project Managers and project teams consistently do, and avoid doing. You’ll learn core concepts and terminology, and gain a practical understanding of the PMBOK. From initiating a new project to figuring out costs and analyzing risks, our classes introduce you to all the key considerations that go into managing projects successfully.
Anyone who wants to get a familiarity with Project Management concepts, terminology, and best practices will benefit from this course.
Our in-person instructor-led classes include:
- Tools and activities to help you fully understand PMI concepts.
- What is a Project?
- The role of the Project Manager
- The Project Management Lifecycle
- Knowledge Areas
- The Triple Constraint
- PMBOK 7th edition - this edition presents 12 principles of project management and 8 project performance domains that are critical for effectively delivering project outcomes.
- Reference books included – Rita Mulcahy reference books for CAPM professionals with 6 months online subscription, along with the PMBOK 6th & 7th Edition.
23 contact hours/PDUs (all 3 classes)
Agenda (all 3 days):
- 7:45 - 8:00 a.m. Check-in
- 8:00a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Class
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Class
Coffee/Hot Tea and afternoon snacks will be provided.
For discounts for military or students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
You will be required to review and accept the PMI Mile Hi Chapter Refund and Cancellation Policy as part of your registration. Please review it here.
For any questions, contact the VP, Professional Development at email@example.com.
It is no longer possible to register for this event