VIRTUAL Regis PMI South Roundtable
Topic: The Association Between Character and Organizational Performance
Synopsis: The workplace is made up of people who are individual and unique—each one formed by influences such as family, friends, peers, schools, churches, media, neighborhood, geographic location, and many other factors. Each individual brings their own thoughts, actions and habits (both good and not so good) to an organization. This can be difficult for PM’s and organizations to navigate as they bring individuals together to accomplish a task. Cliques can form that are counter-productive to the project and organization. Individuals who resist working with a team can also create dysfunction and interruption.
The habits that make up character (such as respect, responsibility, gratitude, generosity, honesty, and others) are the universal language that unite individuals in a common objective—to become the best they are capable of becoming. The habits that make up character lead to increased organizational performance.
The presenter will will speak about:
- How individualism destroys unity in the workplace
- The amplifying effects of positive emotions, social capital, and prosocial behavior that lead to increased organizational performance
- The process for developing character in people
Speaker: Steve Markel, Founder & CEO of Families of Character
About the Speaker. Steve Markel is Founder and CEO of Families of Character. Families of Character coaches parents in virtues, to help grow their families in joy and unity through character development. Families of Character has helped several thousand families grow in happiness and unity.
- 74% have seen a positive behavior improvement in their children
- 78% have seen improvement in the relationship with their spouse, resulting in happier marriage
- 80% have seen improvement in their overall family relationships, creating greater unity
The same principles that apply to family, apply to organizations.
Prior to developing Families of Character, Steve was a Senior Vice President at American Funds and Partner of the Capital Group, where he spent 21 years. On a new product line for the organization, Steve’s region, although the smallest in the population, became the top performing region, by working with Financial Advisors on developing relationships with their clients.
It is no longer possible to register for this event