Meet our candidates
Board Elections will take place between May 3rd and May 24th, 2023
James McCoy, PMP
Hello, I’m James McCoy, the current chapter president running for the next term president. I’ve been a chapter member and PMP certified for 22+ years and held leadership positions like president, VP membership, exec director Membership, job opportunities director, and I implemented the mentoring program for the chapter as director of mentoring. I’ve served on the board for 6+ years as an advocate for our members and volunteers.
I’ve worked in the PM profession for 35 years nationally and internationally for Fortune 500 companies to startups. I have a bachelor’s degree in business management and a master's certificate from George Washington University
As president, I have met goals from my previous elections essay of setting a strategy for a post-pandemic norm and increasing chapter membership by providing value to members. Because of our top-notch volunteers and members, we have brought back many in-person events and strengthened our chapter financially, and added top-notch volunteers. I also mentioned that I don’t resign from volunteer positions and I’m the first president to serve a full term since 2018.
I stay active attending venues and meeting members to understand member wants and needs. For the next term, my three important goals would be strengthening our in-person options for members, job opportunities, and networking programs. It’s my passion to help others in the profession.
It would be an honor and pleasure to serve you as president for another term as an advocate for members and volunteers for the Mile-Hi chapter.
Liz (Elizabeth) Muscia, PMP, MPM
My name is Liz Muscia and I am running for a second term as Vice President of Professional Development. I have been a PMI member since 2015 and was the 2019 volunteer of the year.
As the current VP of Professional Development, my goals are to continue the restructuring process and modernize the networking and learning experiences for our chapter community. The Professional Development team has been reviewing and developing our events to provide more virtual formats, PMI initiatives, and expansion of our audience locally, nationally, and globally. Along with the restructuring process, our events must adapt to the new social environment, provide more formats for project managers to enhance their skills, expand their professional connections, as well as adapt to changes within our profession.
My qualifications for meeting these goals are:
- Masters in Project Management and PMP certified.
- As Director of Community Involvement, I developed and initiated the inaugural PM Day of Service, which assisted non-profit organizations with their project needs.
- As Executive Director for Membership, I facilitated the second PMDoS, assisted with mentoring, represented the chapter at university events, and coordinated various events.
- As Vice President of Professional Development, I instituted a streamlining process for the team, developed more virtual events, and tailored event topics to member-suggested focuses.
It would be my honor and privilege to continue serving you as the Vice President of Professional Development
It has been a pleasure and a privilege to volunteer on the Outreach team for several years and serve as VP of Outreach for the current election cycle. The last few years have been challenging but seeing the chapter re-engage its membership and community has been inspiring.
Through the current and next election cycle, I plan to focus on two areas:
- Building structure around sponsorships and partnerships so that external organizations and the chapter can better support each other.
- Growing the Outreach team and processes so that its functions can maintain themselves through future challenges and transitions.
I predict that the next few years will bring major changes to our industry and am excited for the opportunity to help foster collaboration between our industry partners, academic institutions, and the PMI Mile Hi chapter.