Professional Development Workshop
Welcome to the PMI Mile Hi Chapter Professional Development Workshop
PDUs for this event: 3
Presentation PDUs: 2 Leadership, 1 Strategic
Speaker: Joe Perzel
Presentation Title: Yes, and… Advanced Negotiations in a Project World
Everyone needs the ability to effectively negotiate, especially project managers, staff managers and business analysts. They are continually challenged with the need to negotiate with their stakeholders around managing project scope, resource utilization, executive stakeholder involvement, funding or a host of other topics. This presentation will cover the principals of negotiations and the keys to a win-win outcome. The major points to be covered include:
- Typical pitfalls to be aware of and avoid
- What are the Great Negotiator skills
- The top 10 negotiation Rules to Live By
- Techniques and Tools to add to your tool-belt
- Trust and Respect’s impact on negotiations
- Using negations in a “Sales” situation
This presentation will cover the basics and then quickly move into advanced topics, using exercises and situational case studies to emphasize key points, to help you achieve the best win-win outcome for you and your project.
Joe Perzel has been leading projects of all sizes and managing staffs since 1982 in both a corporate and vendor capacity. He has a background in multiple industries including healthcare, insurance, finance, government, non-profit, K12 and higher education, audit and compliance, manufacturing and agri-business. Presently Joe is Partner JPerzel Inc. as well as Program Manager at Surescripts LLC. He has also held leadership positions at Cargill, MN Workers Compensation Insurers Agency, Thomson Reuters and International Multifoods.
Joe has been presenting since 2002 on topics ranging from project management, leadership, strategy, negotiations/sales, career management and entrepreneurship. Most recently he has been the keynote at the Manitoba PMI Symposium, Central Arkansas PDD and the Rochester CTC Leadership conference, as well as facilitated workshops and presentations to PMI-MN, PMI International, PMI (Atlanta, Delaware Valley, Dallas, Heartland, MileHigh, Silver Springs), IIBA, ASQ, MN State Symposium, St Cloud State University and the University of St Thomas.
Special Notes for the Virtual Meeting:
- Registration for this event ends the Thursday prior to the event at 6:00 p.m. If you must register for this event after that time, a late fee will apply.
- The virtual meeting link will be sent out after your registration is completed. If you have not received the link in your email box 3 hours after you have registered, contact the Help Desk no later than 5 p.m. the night before the event (email@example.com). Please ensure that you have the Help Desk email noted as a "safe sender email" so that it does not end up in your Spam box.
- Refunds will not be given if you do not contact the Help Desk prior to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Novemeber 19th, and you are not able to gain access to the meeting.
- Sign-in & Registration: 10:50 - 11:05 a.m.
- Introductions & Presentation: approx. 11:05 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Break: 12:15 - 12:25 p.m.
- Presentation: approx. 12:25 - 1:15 p.m.
- Break: 1:15 - 1:25 p.m.
- Presentation: approx. 1:25 - 2:15 p.m.
- Closing & announcements: 2:15 - 2:30 p.m.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
You will be required to review and accept the PMI Mile Hi Chapter Refund and Cancellation Policy as part of your registration. Please review it here.
For questions about the Chapter Meetings, contact the VP, Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.