Virtual Wednesday Chapter Meeting (MAR- 2021)
Welcome to the PMI Mile Hi Chapter Virtual Chapter Meeting!
PDUs for the Event 
First Presentation PDU: 1 [.5 Technical] [.5 Leadership]
Speaker: Jennifer Jones
First Presentation Title: Project Management or Glorified Babysitting?
First Presentation Synopsis: Sometimes, despite our best intentions and years of PM experience, it seems like we’re baby-sitting instead of managing. The problem is not you. Rather it’s how information is organized. In this engaging presentation Jennifer Jones shows you what’s possible when you’re able to manage information in a different way.
Jennifer has managed Program Management Office tool implementations that have collectively supported capital delivery programs worth more than $40 billion on four continents in the water and wastewater, mining, natural resources, medical devices and government industries. Jennifer is passionate about helping Project Managers manage more effectively. She founded JJ Consulting in 2018 with a mission of supporting PMs in having more time to operate in their area of genius. Project Managers at JJ Consulting’s clients recover an average 6 hours per week, and are better able to deliver more successful projects while highlighting their true value on the team.
PDUs for this event: 2
Second Presentation PDU: Leadership 
Second Speaker: Frank Herman
Second Presentation Title: Accidentally Killing Your Project In One Week (or Less – or You)
Presentation Synopsis: Between a project manager’s best intentions to write the perfect project charter, and create the best project plan, there are a swarm of unforeseen tasks, resource constraints, organizational limitations (internal and external), and political dimensions that can destroy your project (or you) within one week of kickoff – no hyperbole. These are NOT your standard RAID items. This presentation will identify a selected subset of challenges, along with some mitigation approaches.
Speaker Bio: Frank is a certified PMP, CSM, ITIL and SAFe 5.0 practitioner. He has an MBA in Healthcare Administration and an undergrad in Operations Research. But more than being an educated fool, Frank has managed Projects and Programs for Fortune 100 companies around the world for more than 20 years, using techniques from each certification. He has seen the differences between what the PM practitioners expect, versus what they will find.
Special Notes for the Virtual Meeting:
- Registration for this event ends the Tuesday prior to the event at 5:00 p.m. If you must register for this event after that time, contact the Help Desk (email@example.com) up to 3:00 p.m. the day of the event to register (note that a late fee may apply).
- The virtual meeting link will be sent out by the Help Desk the Tuesday evening prior to the event after registration closes at 5:00 p.m. If you have not received the link by Wednesday morning at 10a.m., contact the Help Desk no later than 3pm (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please ensure that you have the Help Desk email noted as a "safe sender email" so that it does not end up in your Spam box. Refunds will not be given if you do not contact the Help Desk prior to 3pm and you are not able to gain access to the meeting.
Meeting Schedule - Times are approximate-Meeting starts at 5:20
- Log in begins at 5:00, Meeting starts at 5:20
- First presentation: approx. 5:30 - 6:20
- Meeting and Break 6:25-6:35
- Second presentation: approx. 6:35 - 7:15
Refund and Cancellation Policy
You will be required to review and accept the PMI Mile Hi Chapter Refund and Cancellation Policy as part of your registration. Please review it here.
For questions about the Chapter Meetings, contact the VP, Professional Development at email@example.com.
It is no longer possible to register for this event